Aperature not recognizing the Live book Duo

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bgsnmky, Dec 26, 2013.

1. bgsnmky macrumors regular

I have a live book duo setup to hold all my pictures (the actual files) and then I use aperture to organize etc. But I still keep the originals in the live duo.

I just got aperture about 6 months ago and want to start moving the pictures over..but aperture is not recognizing the live book. It shows up in finder just fine, but when I go to import files aperture only shows local host and does not see the external drive on the network.

Should it? is there some setting?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What format is the drive set up as and how are you connecting to the drive.

I found some external disks do not have the proper network services that are compatible to Aperture (or Time Machine for that matter). Aperture expects AFP instead of SMB which is a MS protocol.

3. bgsnmky thread starter macrumors regular

hmmmm not sure how to figure the format…it was a while ago I set it up. Thinking on it. - I know I have it setup as RAID so it does my time machine 3tb dedicated to that and 3 dedicated to storage. Is there a way for me to look at the 'file info" to answer you. (sorry not real technically inclined!!)

But it is connected direct to the modem/router. I did it that way so it could be read by the mac air also. I have contemplated adding it direct to my iMac as it is so slow. but wanted to make sure the mac air can still get to it.