Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Aperture 1.1.2 is now available via Apple's website.Aperture 1.1.2 addresses issues related to overall reliability and performance. This update is recommended for all Aperture users.
Users will need to have both Mac OS 10.4.6 and Aperture 1.1.1 updates installed prior to installing the update.

Article Link: Aperture 1.1.2 Now Available

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Hm. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come....

Normally you'll get some general sense of what an update brings to the software, such as improvements, etc.

Maybe a speed up??

graphictree

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2006
Leicester, UK
Speedier here!

Aperture seems speedier here after the 1.1.2 update. Thanks Apple - but not before time! Even with my Quad Aperture was running very slowly at times ... and still isn't as quick as iPhoto (not a surprise I guess but still a disappointment).

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
pdpfilms said:
Hm. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come....

Normally you'll get some general sense of what an update brings to the software, such as improvements, etc.

Maybe a speed up??
Are there other updates where they have just said 'generally improved' without giving specifics?

mrman5917

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2004
California
thejadedmonkey said:
Are there other updates where they have just said 'generally improved' without giving specifics?

Yes. In fact, its becomming much more common of Apple to just say "Install the patch. Things are better" without saying what things are better.

That being said, this update really makes Aperture worth the money again. I was getting tired of the seemingly random beach balls when using full screen.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
The scrolling seems to be a little more on the way to "scrolls like butter" but still far away from iPhoto :eek:

graphictree

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2006
Leicester, UK
Scrolling with and without stacks...

The new Aperture (1.1.2) certainly works faster than its younger brother but here's a question ... if I have lots of stacks closed does it scroll more quickly than with them open? I'm playing around with this but still uncertain as to the result. Anyone else have any thoughts/experience on this? I imported approx 4000 images from iPhoto and I'd like to get a view of stack/non-stacked scrolling speed before I go through and create lot sof stacks to no purpose...

captainbrendo

macrumors newbie
Mar 19, 2006
doesn't really seem faster to me

1.1.1 was way fast. 1.1.2 doesn't really seem to be much faster; for me anyways. At least 1.1.1 is fast enough for me!

blackmondo

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2006
Straighten Tool

Can anyone confirm if the straighten tool is improved? I found it essentially useless before...

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
blackmondo said:
Can anyone confirm if the straighten tool is improved? I found it essentially useless before...

It is better - and yeah, on landscape full screen even with my machine it was useless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.