Aperture 2.1 crashes when I click on Adjustment Tab

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jemo07, Mar 28, 2008.

1. jemo07 macrumors regular

Well, that is it, I open Aperture, I can look in Metadata tab, but when I click on the adjustment tab, it dies ALL THE #$%# TIME....

Now I can't ge to my photos!!!
    Anyone else having this issue?

JM

2. jemo07 thread starter macrumors regular

Looks like something to do with ATI 2600 and last sec update

I just took the ATI HD 2600 XT out my 2007 MP, and looks like Aperture is OK.
    I have been out traveling this week, and when I just booted, applied upgrades and reboot alter aperture upgrade came up... and it stop working?

I removed Aperture 2.1, loaded my 2.0 DVD and reinstalled. Rebooted, then repaired permissions, then rebooted. After that, still did not work.

I then shut down the system, removed ATI card out form slot 1, and left my 7300 on slot 4. booted back up and it is working...

I guess I will try to remove the 7300 and leave the ATI card in and see what happens?

JM

3. shreds macrumors newbie

Aperture 2.1

Downloaded Aperture 2.1 to my iMac with a ATI Radeon HD2600 and I am pleased to report no problems when using adjustments in Aperture 2.1

4. jemo07 thread starter macrumors regular

It is related to MacPro, the security update and having both cards in. If I work with one card at a time, then it works... with occasional crashes in finder do to coverflow, in Final Cut pro and Aperture... (CS3 only once but I thing it was do to the finder as I was opening several files in a batch). BTW, I don't know why but in my system the 7300 outperforms the 2600XT in Aperture, browsing and applying adjustments... I seen to get a bechball all the time when I sue the 2600 and this is not the case with the 7300... is this the same for you?