Aperture 2 Free Trial

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by apthai, Mar 14, 2008.

1. apthai macrumors member

I'm thinking of purchasing Aperture 2 but would like to try out the trial before the purchase.

Now my question is if I like it and end up buying it after the trial do I just go to the Apple Store and buy a copy then enter a serial key and it will work or do I need to uninstall the trial and install it again with the disc it comes with?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I'm not entirely sure but I do have a bit of advice. If you have to reinstall Aperture, just rename your Aperture Library (located in the pictures folder most likely) to something like "Aperture Library Temporary" before the installation. After you install Aperture, it will have created a new Aperture Library file in the pictures folder. Delete that new library and rename your old one back to just "Aperture Library".

I've never reinstalled Aperture so I'm not sure if it overwrites your existing library but I would take this precaution anyway.

3. apthai thread starter macrumors member

Makes sense... anyone else know a definite answer? Thanks.

4. kuwisdelu macrumors 65816

Well if it's the same as the iWork trial, you just purchase a serial number and enter it. I'm not sure, so this definitely isn't the definite answer you're looking for. But I doubt it'd be any different from their iWork trial. If it's a large enough download that it's the whole application, then it should almost definitely be a serial number.

5. apthai thread starter macrumors member

Well I finally got around to installing the Aperture Trial.

One thing I've noticed is that it created a library called "Aperture Trial Library"

My question is when I purchase Aperture 2, what will happen to my "Aperture Trial Library"?

Will I need to start over and create a new library? Basically I don't want to continue using this trial if I will have to re-do all my work when I get the software.

Thanks.