Aperture 3.1.2 out in Mac App Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by netnothing, Mar 22, 2011.

1. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Aperture 3.1.2 out in Mac App Store

-Kevin

Attached Files:

2. N10248 macrumors 6502a

N10248

Just got it via the regular Software Update, only around 300mb though, not the 605MB yours is showing?

3. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Interesting. Did you buy it regularly, or through the App store?

Wonder if the App Store isn't setup to do Delta style updates......and that it has to replace the whole program, like iOS.

I bought it originally in the App store.....so I'm guessing that I wasn't going to get it offered through Software Update.

I hope Lion unifies the update process. I like Software Update because it can check on a schedule. The App Store has to be open....I just happened to open it tonight.

-Kevin

4. ufkdo macrumors 6502

So far, every time I updated an application through App Store, it downloaded the whole app and replaced it with the current version. I don't have any exact opinion but my experience tells me that App Store does not support delta updates.

5. N10248 macrumors 6502a

N10248

Just a standard retail DVD installed soon after release, didn't install the sample files though.

Everything works and the application is 630mb in my App Folder, so maybe it does just download the changed files. Maybe because of the copy protection on the App store version the entire program has to be downloaded each time?

The only Apple App i've got from the app store is FaceTime and thats had 2 updates recently which only appeared in the Store and not via Software Update.

6. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

Software update for me.