Aperture 3.3 and iPhoto for iPad.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by HarryPot, Jun 11, 2012.

1. HarryPot macrumors 6502a

With the new Aperture sharing libraries with iPhoto, I have a doubt regarding how iPhoto for iPad might be used in companion with Aperture.

My biggest dislike about iPhoto is how it manages Raw files. I don't like having to have duplicates of every image I modify. Aperture non-destructive editing is awesome.

The last time I used iPhoto, it created a new file when I edited any Raw file. Will this change with the new updates?

2. driftless macrumors demi-god

driftless

iPhoto on iPad will not import the RAW files. What I have been doing is shooting in Raw & Jpeg and using iPhoto on the iPad to review pics, do minor edits, email pics, etc. Later I download the SD cards into Aperture.

3. kevinfulton.ca macrumors 6502

^^This^^
    I have a similar workflow where I shoot in RAW+JPEG, dump them onto my iPad , but instead of plugging the cards into Aperture I'll let Photostream do it's thing and send them from my iPad (Photostream supports RAW). Since there's no real Aperture integration for iPhoto iOS I only use it for review and to send samples to clients. Since the iPhoto and Aperture libraries are now unified on my Mac I'll set up Photostream for iPhoto to automatic download and bring the files into Aperture as I need them. It's not quite ideal yet, but it will do until Photostream improves or when iPhoto iOS integrates with Aperture/iPhoto.