aperture 3.3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by etsi, Jun 14, 2012.

1. etsi macrumors regular

Hello,

I need to buy a raw photo processing software and I'm thinking to buy Aperture. However I wonder why all rating in app store are 1 star . Is aperture so useless ?

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Nope...its far from useless. Its actually a very good DAM (digital asset manager) and photo editor. The biggest complaint about the latest update is the change to grey icons (seriously...that's what the majority of complaints are about).

Aperture 3.3 may not contain the latest editing features that Lightroom 4 does, but it comes pretty darn close, and is a heck of a lot more user friendly. FWIW, I have both Aperture and Lightroom 4.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I've been using Aperture since version 1.0. 3.3 is a good update. If you can get over the grey icons I've found it to be a little faster and the additional tools (curves adjustment for example) are worth having.

4. some-dude macrumors member

If you're already accustomed to the way iPhoto functions it's a pretty simple step up to Aperture.

If I had written a review of 3.3 on the day that I upgraded I probably would've written an angry review too... but truth is that after a few days I'm getting used to the changes.

You can tell that they simplified a few things in an effort to make it easier to use. This isn't necessarily a bad thing... just irritating when you have to take the time to figure out what you already knew. But, since you're just getting into it you won't even know that anything's changed.