Aperture 3.6 and Yosemite 10.10.2? And so it begins?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by colorspace, Feb 18, 2015.

1. colorspace macrumors 6502

I'm really hoping that this is not the tip of the iceberg of compatibility issues between Aperture and Yosemite. I applied 10.10.2 about a week ago and since then I have had about 8 crashes and freezes from Aperture, most, but not all, have happened with Aperture left running on an idle machine. The last couple have caused complete system freezes - with a warning that Aperture has crashed, but once I click thru that screen I get a spiny ball on a dark grey background (my Aperture default) and no way out. Looks like some sort of memory leak possibly?

A quick look inside Console only found the following repeating messages related to Aperture before the system probably went south:

2/18/15 3:42:29.914 AM Aperture[87231]: ProThemeStore: No theme registered with id=1764
    2/18/15 3:42:29.914 AM Aperture[87231]: Warning: -[NSProThemeFacet imageForState:value:variant:] unable to find theme store.

Anyone have any idea as to what the ProThemeStore might be?

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I'm using Aperture on 10.10.2, and I see that message in Console also, but otherwise it works fine with no crashes at all.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

As long as the app works, I'd not worry about it, but there will come a time when Aperture will not work for you. I suppose you need to be very careful applying updates from this point on, unless you have a transition plan in place to change to a different product.

4. colorspace thread starter macrumors 6502

It does seem to be less stable since 10.10.2. Still getting the same messages in console.

Good advice about applying patches. I guess I will have to start keeping a known good setup (3.6 and 10.10.1?) on an external in case something wrong after a patch. Even if as I intend I make the transition to LR5/6 in the next couple of months, I will still need/would like to access my NATIVE Aperture libraries for a while.