Aperture 3 adjustment panel missing

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Spotto, May 2, 2011.

1. Spotto macrumors newbie

I have been working with Aperture 3 for a while. It occasionally freezes or crashes, but otherwise all is well.
    Today however the 'adjustment' panel suddenly went empty: all I can see now are the drop down buttons for 'Presets' and 'Adjustments'.
    I am not in 'Quick Preview'.
    I have repeatedly restarted my computer.
    I have restarted Aperture.
    I have deleted Aperture preference files in the library.
    I have repaired the Aperture library database.
    Still no luck.
    Any polite suggestions?
    Thanks.

2. carlgo macrumors 68000

I've been trying to replicate this to give you a good answer, because it has happened to me. Of course, when I try to make it happen then it won't.

But, I believe the answer is to click the "Quick Preview" button on the lower right corner of the pane when you display a photo. It is the rectangle with three little lines radiating from it. Try that.

App 3 is not particularly intuitive to me...

3. Spotto thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Carlgo but the problem was not Quick Preview. As mentioned in my first post, that was not on.
    I have done a second 'Repair Database' and this solved the problem.
    You can do this by holding down 'Alt' and 'Cmd" and then clicking on the Aperture icon. Choose the 'Repair Database' option.

4. carlgo macrumors 68000

Always nice to solve a problem, isn't it? Funny that I tried to repair the database as well, to no avail, then tried the button cuz it was there...and that worked. So, maybe you have to do everything twice to cure the problem...or it is simply possessed by demons.