Aperture 3 and flickr

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Patriks7, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Recently, I noticed I've been having a problem with the flickr uploader in Aperture 3. Sometimes, it doesn't even want to upload a picture and other times it randomly just deletes a picture from my flickr. Couple days ago, I uploaded two pictures through flickr since Aperture didn't want to upload them and new they are gone.

Am I the only one having such a problem? What can I do to prevent this? I really like the flickr uploader as it speeds up my sharing and saves me some time.

2. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

I think for Aperture created Flickr sets you have to do everything through Aperture since it syncs the two...thats probably why your photos got deleted. I haven't experienced any troubles with the flickr integration myself. As long as I keep hitting the sync button after adding pictures to the set, it uploads what I tell it to.

3. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

That makes sense. Even though once instead of deleting the picture, it added it into my Aperture library. Now I just have to figure out why it won't let me upload some photos. Is there a restriction on the size you can upload or something?

4. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

Are you using a free Flickr account or a Pro account? Free accounts do have restrictions, but Pro accounts are unlimited

Edit: Just looked at your Flickr link and I see it's a Pro account - strange, I'm not sure what's causing your issues. There is a fairly active Aperture group on Flickr that may be able to help you though - http://www.flickr.com/groups/aperture_users/ Maybe search through discussions or post your own topic if you don't find anything

5. Patriks7 thread starter macrumors 65816

Patriks7

Yeah I upgraded to a Pro account because I thought that was the problem. Turns out it didn't help.

Thanks a lot for the flickr group, had no idea there was one. I'll try asking there.