Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
Hi guys.

I'm recently looking at switching from Lightroom to Aperture 3 now that A3 has brushes. I like Aperture because its much faster then Lightroom.

I was setting up my workflow to test before I buy but I think one of the features of Lightroom I always use is missing from Aperture. Are you able to compare an edited version of your photo side by side your unedited version? Like in a splitscreen mode?

I looked through google and Aperture help and it looks as though I'm not able to even though I could have swore I remember doing it on the Aperture 2 trial...

Attachments

• Lightroom.png
    Lightroom.png
    340.1 KB · Views: 117

pyramis

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2008
Palo Alto, CA
I'm still using AP2. I'm not aware of a direct feature for doing that comparison, but you can easily create a duplicate version of a pic (option-V or Images->Duplicate Version) and edit side by side for comparison.

A really neat feature to use in combination with this: hit Z to zoom both to 100%, then hold shift-space as you drag one of the photos to get matching zoom-views of each photo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.