Aperture 3 Freezes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kevin Paquet, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Kevin Paquet macrumors member

I don't know, but since the update about the PRO apps usage of system resources and RAM (including Aperture), I just can't do anything with Aperture anymore.

Every time I have a look at one of my pictures, it suddenly freezes. I can view the albums, the projects and all the folders, but once I double click on a picture Aperture does nothing and the beach ball of death greets me.

2. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

Has Aperture finished building JPEG's of all the photos you've imported,
    it's the only thing I can think of quickly?

My MBP is circa 2007 with 4GB and I just don't have any of the problems that are being quoted for Aperture.

Just tried it now and and though it hogs processor(s) [you'd think Adobe built it] it zips thru photos

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Are you trying to use it right after importing your images? Have you turned off faces?

when importing particularly the first time you convert your library or import a large image set, it will take time for aperture to process them. More so if you have faces enabled which is the default. Faces is not a feature I care for so I disabled and performance has improved.

Check to see if you see the little spinning wheel is appearing below the main image window.