Aperture 3 Match Color Tool?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Sheslikeheroin, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Sheslikeheroin macrumors newbie

I apologize in advance if this question was already answered somewhere else. I was wondering if Aperture 3 has a "match color tool" like the one included in Adobe Photoshop. I opened up the application and I couldn't find that tool anymore. So then I tried using google but couldn't find anyone who had a similar problem like mine. I have two photos (of the same place) that I want to join together. The problem is that they have different color (one picture is brighter than the other). I can obviously manually edit one photo to look exactly like the other by adjusting the color saturation etc. But it would make my job so much easier if there was a "match color tool" like in Photoshop. Thank you.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

There certainly isn't one in Aperture 2. Nothing I've read on Aperture 3 mentions one getting added so I don't think so. You could just set Photoshop as your external editor, do all your other edits in Aperture then do that one thing in Photoshop. There are downsides to this, particularly that this creates a new Master file "burning in" the non-destructive edits in Aperture.