Aperture 3 Memory Leak?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gatepc, Feb 12, 2010.

1. gatepc macrumors 6502

gatepc

Alright so I bought a copy of Aperture 3 and just upgraded from Aperture 2 once I installed it, it had to convert my older library into Aperture 3 format it said it would take overnight so I came back in the morning to see a massage saying something like " your startup disk is full please close other applications for more memory " which was really strange because my Aperture library is not even on my start disk and I had 60gb's left on my startup when I went to bed. not to mention the computer was the slowest I had ever seen it. could this be because it ran out of ram and started using the startup as virtual memory? and if so why did it use 60gb/s of storage and still not have enough? this is a huge problem apple needs to fix it seems to do this as soon as I start up Aperture every time.

2. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Yeah...I noticed that Aperture Three uses a lot of memory..almost all of my 4 GB when I'm using it.

Is there a way to go back to Aperture 2 using Time Machine?

3. gatepc thread starter macrumors 6502

gatepc

I don't know but I don't use time machine. if it only used 4gbs of ram I would be fine but it used 60gbs of harddrive space as virtual ram thats insane it has to be a memory leak. I hope this fix this quickly I use Aperture a lot!

4. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

You should be able to recover your old Aperture 2 library with TimeMachine. Look into the pictures (or images?) folder in the user folder.

5. macswitcha2 macrumors 65816

Thanks for the tip!

6. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I haven't had any trouble with Aperture 3. I have roughly 7000 photos in my Aperture 2 library and it took a while to convert them to Aperture 3 but no memory leak here.