Aperture 3 No Longer Importing Videos... huh?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mhaddy, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Mhaddy, Jun 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2012

Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

I'm shooting with a 60D that generates .mov movie files and I've never had a problem importing video to Aperture 3. Now, however, my video files do not show in the import window even though I see them on the SDHC card. I also do not have 'exclude videos' checked... so I'm not sure what's going on.

I haven't changed any application settings and the only thing I can think that changed was Aperture was upgraded to 3.2.4, and I changed some video settings on my camera.

Any idea why the videos are not being imported?

Edit: Interestingly, if I copy the .mov's from the card to my HDD and then import from there, the videos show up. They just don't seem to appear directly on the card.

Attached Files:

2. Eolian macrumors regular

I'm noticing this same issue ... .mov files no longer appear in imports from my Canon G12, but if I use ImageCapture to transfer the files from the camera to the desktop, Aperture will recognize them and import from there.

A bit odd ~ this was working fine in Aperture 3 up until some point after April 15th (my last imported .mov), and this possibly coincides with my upgrade to Lion and Aperture 3.3 in June (?) I shoot very few videos, so this hasn't jumped out at me until now.

I just experimented and verified the above situation.

Has anyone found a solution or any further discussion of this?

3. Mhaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

4. jdavtz macrumors 6502a

It's the RAW/JPEG pairs thing you've got set down the bottom. Change it and you'll get the videos.

5. Eolian macrumors regular