Aperture 3 Places problem - weird

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nofixedabode, Jun 8, 2010.

1. nofixedabode macrumors newbie

I've been using Aperture 3 for a few months (it's the first version of Aperture I've used), and have been experimenting with Places (trying to figure out in what context a 'New Location' is useful). I'm UK based, and most of my pictures are in the UK, but I also have pictures from elsewhere, e.g. from a holiday in Nice, (in France) last summer. Something weird started happening a week or so ago:
    Every time I drop a picture on to the UK (specifically England, Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland, but not the rest of Ireland), the hover/select bubble above the pin is titled 'Nice'. Every single one. The location drop-down tabs at the top (e.g. England Birmingham) are fine, but the bubble always says Nice if the location is in the UK.

I've tried deleting all Nice locations using 'Manage My Places', but it has no effect.

Anyone have any idea what I might have done? how to fix it? or how to completely reset the Places so I can start it again (at worst)?

thanks

steve

2. nofixedabode thread starter macrumors newbie

Aperture 3 Places problem - weird - jut to add

I should have said that all the previously set locations of pictures in the UK are now 'Nice' as well. it's most perplexing.