Aperture 3 & raw format

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Freeman3030, May 27, 2011.

1. Freeman3030 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new to photography, but really want to start playing around with cameras and photo editing.
    I've asked for a fujifilm f550 exr for my birthday, as it's small enough to take everywhere, but has built in gps, good zoom and most important of all, the ability to capture images in the raw format.
    I've got an iMac on order and have looked into aperture 3, it looks easy to use, but has some great features. Seems like something I could quickly learn to use, but looking through the supported raw formats on aperture 3's website, it says the f550 exr is not supported.
    Is there any way to get around this?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

If you have access to Photoshop/Adobe Camera RAW then perhaps using that to convert to DNG might work. Otherwise no, you have to wait for support.

3. Freeman3030 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is it likely to get support later?
    But i do have adobe photoshop elements on my windows 7 laptop, so could use that to convert it to a dng file?

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Maybe. Support tends to be targeted at higher-end cameras (not compacts) although Apple do make an effort to support most compacts with RAW support that are released, just not as quickly.

But i do have adobe photoshop elements on my windows 7 laptop, so could use that to convert it to a dng file?[/QUOTE]
    I have no idea. What does the application help/Google say?