Aperture 3.x Screen Corruption Full Screen

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mattjk, Nov 15, 2010.

1. mattjk macrumors newbie

Does anyone else get screen temporary screen corruption when working in full screen mode in Aperture? It's been happening in all versions of v3 so far.

In essence a duplicate, rotated portion of the image appears in the top left 1/8th of the screen like this: http://imgur.com/GiTyc

It appears briefly for 1-2 seconds before the screen is corrected and only occurs when scrolling through photos in full screen mode. If the inspector panel is showing in full screen mode then the corruption does not occur.

I'm using a MacPro 2009 with 6Gb RAM and a HD 4870 with a 24" cinema display. The same happened when I had the GT120 in also.

Any ideas? It's just bugging me.

2. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

No clue why this is happening to you. I have not experienced it to date.

3. mattjk thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the suggestion Cave Man but I've already tried that. It seems more hardware related than software to me.

4. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Well, that's a bummer. Do you have another Mac you could move your library to, just to test that out?

5. mattjk thread starter macrumors newbie

Mmmm, I don't think my MBA will be able to cope with my library size. I will try creating another library at the weekend and see if I still get the corruption on the same machine. Also I'll try installing the A3.1 trial on my MBA and drop in a few photos.

Do you know where I can find out if there are any firmware updates to the HD4870?