Aperture: adding text on book spine?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Photomax, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Photomax macrumors regular

I am designing a hard cover book with about 90 pages. I would like an image with a title on the front and a different image on the back. This seems straight forward with the Aperture system.

However, I would also like to have the title of the book run vertically downwards on the spine of the book. I do not see anyway of doing this? There is no mention of this in the PDF documentation either.

I really want to have this spine title. I have done this with other systems. Having a spine title is nice as it presents the title of the book when the book is in a book shelf.

Is there a way of doing this? I guess the other option is to design a large photoshop document that includes the front/back images, titles and the vertical spine title in the middle and then use that as the file for the official Dust Jacket Spread Cover option? The issue of that would be predicting the width of the actual spine. This thickness be impacted by the number of pages and thickness of the cover bindings?

Any tips here would be great.

Thanks!