Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TVG

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 23, 2011
Hi everyone.

New poster on the forum, and fairly new to photography. In fact what got me started in the first place was my Apple TV. I loved having pictures as a slide show while my music was playing. So I made a quick progression from my iphone camera to a T2i.

I'll try to keep this short. I recently moved to Aperture from iPhoto and am still trying to figure it out. My first main concern seems to be, now that I sync my Apple TV with Aperture, the quality of photos seems to have gone down compared to when I would sync with iPhoto.

I've done some googling and my guess is this has to do with how Aperture uses previews to deal with iLife programs. So does this mean the only way for me to sync my photos with Apple TV is to have high quality previews made for all pictures? I currently don't shoot in Raw format and manage all my photos on my computer. It seems the only reason for me to use previews would be to sync with Apple TV.

I used to enjoy the flexibility of changing what was synced to my Apple TV quickly and easily using iTunes and iPhoto. Did iPhoto just sync the master with Apple TV? It doesn't seem like iPhoto used a preview system. Is there anyway to do this with aperture since all my photos are JPEG's anyway?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Glenavon Kate

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2012
Aperture and Apple TV1

Did you sort this problem out. I have just bought Aperture and am starting a new library from my 25000 iphoto library photos. I definitely want to sync it well and easily with my Apple TV 1 so keen to hear responses to your question.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.