Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Hello all,

I have updated to the latest versions of Aperture and iPhoto and am now using two libraries in Aperture. (when I upgraded to Aperture I wanted to ensure I wanted to use that workflow before importing all the photos over from iPhoto.

Anyway, using these two libraries I have picked photos (Via Keywords) to use in a Photo Slideshow DVD that I will make in iMovie. Can I search and combine all the key worded photos from two libraries into one project without disturbing the original projects they are starting from?

this way I can sort the photos all together one last time and import those into iMovie as a whole grouping.

Thanks in advance

Prodo123

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2010
You can export all of your selected photos as versions to a folder on your desktop. Do this for both of your libraries and you'll have a folder of all of your shots on your desktop. Simply reimport this folder into your library as a project and voilà, you have what you're looking for.

When exporting, you can choose between formats. If you just want a quick fix, choose JPEG with 12 for quality. If you want to retain the best possible quality, choose PSD, TIFF or PNG. JPEGs are the fastest and they're the ones I recommend for your purposes.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 2, 2007
Thanks. I was wondering if that was the "only" easy way and not disturbing the current libraries any.

i suppose that will mean duplicates of these photos in one of the libraries, unless I create a new library.

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.