Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chris14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
Hamilton, NZ
I have just noticed after switching to Aperture from iPhoto, that when selecting a photo from the list of albums in my Aperture library [In System Preferences "Desktop and Screensaver" pane], the imaged displayed is of a very low quality, probably Aperture's preview version. When the same process was used with iPhoto, the orginal, high resolution version was shown.

Is there a way to have System Prefences access full resolution photos, as the previews look like shitaki mushrooms at 1440x900...

All help and opinions on the matter would be appreciated! :apple:

Young Ted

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2007
I only see two ways of doing this:

- Manually exporting the images you want to use from Aperture at full resolution

- In Aperture's preferences, change the global quality settings for all previews. You can choose not to limit the size, and choose the JPEG quality too. If you change these settings, you will need to reprocess all the previews for your library by right-clicking on the library in the projects list, and choosing delete previews. Aperture will then regenerate them all with your new settings, but this will take up a crapload of disk space. After doing this, accessing Aperture images from other programs, like choosing them for desktop pictures, will use the new high quality previews.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.