Aperture can't find master images

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DDano, Jun 23, 2010.

1. DDano macrumors newbie

Hi All,
    I had to replace my hard drive on my new iMac and after the Time Machine restore Apreture is telling me it can't locate any of the master images. They are there as I have verified but it tells me they are not there. The preview images are showing up, but the link to the masters has been broken.

When I try and do a reveal in finder the error message tells me the volume is currently off-line. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Dan

2. DDano thread starter macrumors newbie

I found the answer to my own problem. Essentially I had to go in and select all of the projects and folders in the library browser, then select all of the photos in the split view at the bottom then right click and choose to reconnect the photos. Works like a charm.

Still don't know why the problem happened in the first place :cool:

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

It was because Aperture still assumed the photos were on the old drive (the drives identify themselves as unique) so Aperture was just confused. I'm glad you figured out how to reconnect them.

4. DDano thread starter macrumors newbie

I figured it was something like that. Probably the serial # of the drive / volume is embedded in the library, even though the volume name stayed the same.

Seems to be good now.