Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
In Aperture there are many fields you can fill in with metadata. My question is, how do I get that info to actually show in the EXIF of a final version of a photo??

This is the info I'm wanting to be able to add to a final image and have it show up if EXIF is viewed.
Untitled-1aa.jpg

Thanks..

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
I believe those are actually IPTC fields and not EXIF. If you want to protect your image, then watermarking is probably your best bet. We had a discussion on that recently, and searching on 'watermark' should be productive.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
In Aperture there are many fields you can fill in with metadata. My question is, how do I get that info to actually show in the EXIF of a final version of a photo??

I can't look now (I'm on the wrong computer) but I'm sure Aperture has an EXIF panel under meta data. There is another one for IPTC

shady825

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
I can't look now (I'm on the wrong computer) but I'm sure Aperture has an EXIF panel under meta data. There is another one for IPTC

Yes I have those options 'checked' and filled out. For some reason the info just isnt showing up on the final exported version

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Yes I have those options 'checked' and filled out. For some reason the info just isnt showing up on the final exported version

I suspect you're expecting more from your EXIF viewer than it is able to offer. Here are 3 screen caps. The first is from Lightroom showing my copyright info from the photo I posted to the daily photo thread this morning (down near the bottom). The second is using the Firefox EXIF viewer add-in. The last comes from opening the file with textedit and searching for my name. The copyright info is in the file, but it isn't displayed by the EXIF viewer.

If you want to have a visible copyright, there are better ways than relying on metadata tags within the image.

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    194 KB · Views: 76
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 89

shady825

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
I suspect you're expecting more from your EXIF viewer than it is able to offer. Here are 3 screen caps. The first is from Lightroom showing my copyright info from the photo I posted to the daily photo thread this morning (down near the bottom). The second is using the Firefox EXIF viewer add-in. The last comes from opening the file with textedit and searching for my name. The copyright info is in the file, but it isn't displayed by the EXIF viewer.

If you want to have a visible copyright, there are better ways than relying on metadata tags within the image.

Thanks Cliff. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt doing something wrong. I was under the assumption that whatever info you added in LightRoom/Aperture would be visible in EXIF.
Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.