Aperture exposure

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mmagbee, Sep 29, 2010.

1. mmagbee macrumors member

I recently took a bunch of RAW images , and would like to find out at what exposure i took them.

I purchased aperture 3 a while back and still digging into it. I am trying to find out where in the metadata will it show where i had my exposure set.

Any help ?

2. mmagbee thread starter macrumors member

yea i have that and the dummies books. But all my images show exposure as ev0 even though I KNOW that I stepped many of them up and down.

Thanks for the reply :)

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

I currently don't use Aperture, thus I don't know yet (I download the trial and see for myself).

But what if you open one of the RAW images in Preview and press CMD+I, then select the "More Info Inspector" tab, then the EXIF tab to see, if data is even stored inside of them?

Addendum:

I can see my metadata via the Metadata tab.

click for larger version
    [​IMG]

4. mmagbee thread starter macrumors member

yea... still says ev 0

Very strange. This is from a canon 7d as well....

Oh well. I will record the image number next time and try it then ..

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

But the rest is shown, ISO, shutter speed, aperture, ....?

EV can be set to ZERO (0), so there should be no problem there, or are you sure you set it to something else?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_value

6. mmagbee thread starter macrumors member

Sure did. I took 3 or 4 hdr sets one at -2 one at 0 and one at +2 I can for sure see the different exposures , but cannot see on the data end.

It's not a huge deal .

7. timbos macrumors member

Are the other exposure values (like shutter speed/aperture) all the same? If they're not then your camera's done the right thing in terms of exposing the picture, but not recorded them in the way you expect.

8. mmagbee thread starter macrumors member

Correct. They all show ev0. However I have a collection of shots taken a few months ago, I went back to check, and they are showing the different exposures. Might have been a fluke, but I imagine that while shooting in manual mode it would want to record the exposure. < shrug> New camera, new learning curve.

Thanks to everyone for the assistance.