Aperture Facebook problem with 3.4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Crazy Badger, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

Just noticed my Facebook and Flickr albums had vanished after updating to Aperture 3.4 and when I try and add them back in Aperture crashes?

Anyone else having this problem?

2. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

Try deleting your Aperture preference file and re-launching. I had problems with both iPhoto and Aperture with the last round of updates. Both kept crashing; when I tried to export an image in iPhoto is kept trying to send it to Shutterfly and crashed iPhoto.

3. Leatherman macrumors newbie

A little help on this one!

Please tell me how to "delete my Aperture preference file" Aperture keeps crashing

4. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

Make sure Aperture is not running. Go to Home/Library/Preferences/com.apple.aperture.plist and delete it. Restart Aperture and it will create a new preference file and should stop the crashes.

If that doesn't work, I have read of people having to uninstall Aperture, install Aperture 3.1 and then update it to Aperture 3.4. Deleting Aperture will not delete your libraries, but MAKE SURE YOU HAVE BACKUPS OF EVERYTHING JUST IN CASE!

5. kenrobin macrumors regular

Thanks for the tip. The only solution that worked for me was uninstalling 3.4, reinstalling 3.0 from my disc and then updating back to 3.4.

6. legacyb4 macrumors 6502

Albums are still present, but photos uploaded to FB from Aperture never show up online even though they are present in the FB albums within Aperture.