Aperture hanging after clean install

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by E3BK, May 17, 2009.

1. E3BK macrumors 68020

E3BK

Hi all. Hoping someone can help. My MBP was running a little sluggish so I thought it was time to clean it up with a fresh install. All backups & apps have been reinstalled, all software is updated and everything is running pretty smoothly and much faster!!

But I'm having some issues w/ Aperture. I have connected it to my previous library and even have it in the same place as before, nothing is missing. Seems OK.

Now I'm trying to back up to a new vault and when I try to do that, it just hangs or runs extremely slow. When I try to click on the Vault options (the arrow up, red sync icon or the vault settings to add a new vault), this is where it starts to hangs. The menu comes up for 1 second but as soon as I release the trackpad button, the menu goes away. From the File menu, vault options are grayed out.

Anyone have these problems when reinstalling or have an idea on how to fix?

Thanks for your help!

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Apple's professional applications don't work very well after an archive and install. Its recommended that whenever you do an A&I, follow that up with a reinstall of the pro apps and THEN update the OS.

3. E3BK thread starter macrumors 68020

E3BK

Well, I've done clean installs before and then installed Aperture and it all seemed to work fine. I'm running OS 10.5.7 and Aperture 2.1.3 now and have never had this problem before on previous versions of the OS or the app.

I uninstalled/reinstalled Aperture and was able to update the vault form the file menu option but it still doesn't show up when I try to use the red sync icon from the left side bar. After the vault update, it's hanging again.