Aperture: How to relocate masters properly?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by 66217, Sep 20, 2008.

1. 66217 Guest

My internal drive was getting full, and I decided to relocate my masters.

I have already relocated the previous years, but am clueless of how to relocate the present year. I have a project named "Landscapes", for example, where I continuously add photos, so there are some photo that I would still want to retain in my internal drive for further editing.

How do you guys normally manage this situations? I would also be interested in knowing what names you give your photos.

Thanks.:)

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

The unit that is moved n Aperture is the "Project" Projects are self-contained and include all the data, masters and thumbnails, metadata and so on. I think the idea is that a project is something to do and then complete, no an on-going thing. For that why not creae a landscape folder and then inside make a project for each place you shoot.

How do I handle it? I keep my Aperture library on a larger disk. Currently it is on a 500GB drive. I just bought a 1TB drive. Disks are gettig cheaper. The price for a 1TB SATA drive is now $150. But then you also have to back all this up and that means a few more disk drives both for Time Machine and for off-site rotation.