Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fujiko7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
London UK
I use Aperture 3 on OSX 10.5.8. Suddenly I find that the images in the viewer are shifted to the right, so that the right-hand side of the image is cut off and there's a grey strip down the left hand side. I must have accidentally changed some setting but I can't figure out what ... :confused::confused: It applies in all projects.

It's the same problem this guy had but it's not clear from this conversation what the fix is:
http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=11568440

Edit: also, I find that in Projects view, all the projects are stretched out in one long row left to right rather than in several rows down the screen. Similarly photos in Photos view. I tried the fix of deleting the plist file but when I deleted that and opened Aperture my more recent projects were missing. Luckily I had kept the old one and restored it and got the full library back.

Any ideas?

many thanks!

Last edited:

toxic

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2008
make a new library and try switching? since that seems like what the other guy did, basically. or maybe just rebuild the library....

Fujiko7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
London UK
Thanks toxic. I tried some of the troubleshooting tips at Apple's website here, but they didn't work. So I tried deleting com.apple.Aperture.plist from the Preferences folder again, and this time it worked. So in case anyone else has this problem, that's the answer. Just make sure you've backed up your library to a Vault first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.