Aperture import help required, please.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Burrel, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Burrel macrumors regular

Hi guys,

So I've just installed Aperture on my new MBP and I moved my 'Picture' folder from my Windows laptop to my MBP. Within that folder I have various folders containing photos. There are even some folders within those.

Please can someone kindly advise me if it's possible to import all of the folders at once or whether it has to be done one at a time? I have Google'd it; one place said to press shift and select all the folders that you want importing, but that didn't work. I tried command +A (to select all) too but that didn't work.

I have provided a screen shot to hopefully show exactly what I mean. I would like all of the folders in the middle column imported, plus any folders within them.

[​IMG]

Edit: At the moment I don't seem to be able to easily just double click on a photo and for it to instantly open. It launches 'preview' on the dock and then I have to double click that and wait ages before it actually opens the photo.

2. Aldaris macrumors 65816

Aldaris

You can hold the 'command' key and click on each folder highlighting it to import in mass. Or just import the photo folder and sort out folders into projects and so on from there within aperture.

3. Burrel thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you very much for the response. I did try holding down the 'command' key but it didn't highlight anymore than the one which was selected.
    Also, if i just select the 'Pictures' folder (selected on the screen print) then it only shows photos in that folder which aren't part of further folders. So it says to import 7 photos because everything else in 'Pictures' is contained within other folders.

4. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

Go to File < Import < Folders as Projects...

Select the main folder and it should take care of all of your photos.

If you keep Store Files: In the Aperture Library... it will copy all the photos to that Library file and keep your originals where they are located.

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Can you just drag the top level folder into Aperture? This works with other apps, so could be the case with Aperture as well.