Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
If you're going to post something from another site have the decency to start a discussion.

For those who don't read (the op namely), the article is discussing SL's inability to run any other version of Aperture than the most recent. So those who have saw fit to not update from 1.x to 2.x are now being forced to update ($$$) if they wish to use SL. While those who have felt as though running an Apple application such as Aperture on Apple's latest OS would be ok (I am wondering how my Logic 8 will now run), we have all thought wrong. Even Apple is taking their time to not support their own applications unless you've shelled out for the latest and greatest.

Anyone who defends Apple on this has an absolute right to do so, however, anyone who doesn't see the pure twuntness that Apple brings to the table is clearly sitting around wearing Apple-shaped glasses.

Suspended
Original poster
Dec 29, 2007
To jessica, I thought it was a relevant post. Sorry it offended you that I didn't comment. My comments would not have been positive at all. If you need to see them (and risk a LR vs. Ap war) then here they are:

This just continues to re-affirm my decision 6 months ago to go with LR. I felt Ap was not core to Apple's business, but LR is to Adobe's. Here Apple is dropping old version support without adding any new versions. I continue to be pleased that I moved away from Ap.

Feel better?

I don't think it's a bad thing to post relevant news without necessarily commenting. I didn't stop to consider that it was a "rival" site. I read all the sites anyway (and I'm sure I'm not alone). I guess I should have posted this into the "LR vs. Ap" sticky. Sorry if I offended you.

Sheesh.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
I do think it's a shame that those with Aperture 1.x cannot run older version on SL. I would've (and have) upgraded to 2.x when it came out 1.5 year ago, but having to pay to upgrade at this late stage is not something I would want to do (even at heavily discounted price of $63 at many online retailers).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.