Aperture/iTunes sync problems

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Killerbob, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Killerbob macrumors 6502a

All,

I am lost; I am syncing some of my Aperture projects to my iPhones and iPads, and it has all been working for weeks now, and all is upgraded to the latest versions.

However, for some reason, this weekend it all started acting up. I synced, and all my photos are now gone off my IOS devices. I checked and found that the picture counts for all my projects in the iTunes list under "Sync Photos from Aperture" are all "0" - even when there are literally thousands in these projects when checking in Aperture.

1) I started by selecting iTunes as the source, and then went back to Aperture - iTunes will import iPhoto pictures, but not a fix for Aperture.

2) Then I deleted the "iPod Photo Cache" in the "Aperture Library" - not a fix.

3) I selected "All", and deselected "All", etc., but still Aperture will not work as the source of my photos.

Is there a way to reset Aperture in iTunes?

This is really frustrating. I am using two Apple packages and they are not playing ball!

Please, any advice?

Bo

2. dylan23 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just joined, having the same problem.

Have projects with 200+ pics and now iTunes tells me there is 1!!!! URRRrrrr!!!:mad::mad:

Been surfing around trying to find answers but no luck.

Anyone got any suggestions???

Thanks

3. Bokehlicious, Dec 27, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2011

Bokehlicious macrumors newbie

I've had the same problem and this solution seems to work for me.

1. Make sure Aperture and iTunes are closed
    2. Hold down "command" + "option" while clicking on the Aperture icon to open the application. This will bring up the "Aperture Library First Aid" window.
    3. Select "Repair Database"
    4. Quit Aperture
    5. Open iTunes and sync

If that doesn't work, you can try the other options when you bring up Aperture Library First Aid. The other options take much, much longer. It can take many hours depending on the size of your library.

4. Killerbob thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry, I tried this, and to no effect. All the "old" projects have "0" pictures, whereas new ones are OK.

I don't know if it matters, but I have several Aperture libraries, but they are all differently named.

KB

5. Bokehlicious macrumors newbie

Have you tried rebuilding your library overnight?

6. dylan23 macrumors newbie

Thanks, but no luck

FYI - I have only one library

Going to try rebuild over night and will come back with details to see if helps

cheers

7. dylan23 macrumors newbie

:mad:

Rebuilt the library last night, no luck!!

Something strange I also noticed, in iTunes under photos when a device is connected, it shows the projects/folders you select to sync. On the right it shows the number of pictures in the folder/project. I noticed that some of these numbers change.

But are still incorrect, and show 1 or 2 when there is far more pictures in that folder/project,

I am so frustrated now with this, I have repaired/rebuilt/deleted the iPod Photo Cache but still can't sync all folders/projects with all pictures in them.

Anyone else have suggestions???

thanks

8. mac mac mac macrumors regular

You can try to change the Preview setting to share with iLife (under Aperture Preferences) when Aperture is closed. Sometime creating a new Aperture library, import a couple of pictures to that library to see if it shows up in iTunes. Then switch back to the original Aperture library. That worked for me before.