Aperture - Move my photo library

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jessiegw, Jun 30, 2010.

1. jessiegw macrumors newbie

Ok, I recently make the move from iPhoto to Aperture 3. I'm excited to get started but I have one hiccup. I purchased an external hard drive to keep the photo library on so it doesn't clog my computer. This is great, but when moving my iPhoto library, I selected my external hard drive as the location for photos (which is great) but I didn't create a folder inside of the hard drive - I assumed Aperture would create one. So, when I open the external hard drive, where I want to keep all media files, I have a bunch of project folders. I would like to move these into a folder I call "Aperture Photos" or something, but I'm afraid to just move the folders - for fear it will mess up my Aperture library. So, the question is, how do I move the folders? I've been searching and can't figure it out...

Also, while I have a new thread open, how do I go about clearing our my iPhoto library once I've confirmed the transfer is done and good? Aperture created new masters, right? I don't want to use iPhoto anymore and I want to clear up that space on my computer. Thanks!

2. cc8 macrumors newbie

BUMP! I would like the answer to this question to. Thanks.