Aperture on the Air!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by longdrag, Sep 26, 2012.

1. longdrag macrumors member

Hi,

I have an MBA 2012 - 4GB - 256GB - and want to use Aperture on it. My photos are currently in JPG - bit what is the air like at processing these -

Additionally if I want to work with RAW files is my Air up for processing them speedily enough?

Any info would be great

Thanks

ld

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Aperture should run fine on your MBA. You shouldn't have any issues processing RAW files.

3. longdrag thread starter macrumors member

4. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I agree.

The biggest performance factor for A3 is the speed of the drive where your library (and photos) reside. All new Airs come with an SSD and they work great.

I use A3 on a combination of an iMac (with HDD) and a MBA. A3 allows you to easily move projects from one machine to another. I keep my full library on the iMac, and then I create new libraries on the MBA and transfer them into the main iMac A3 library once I return home.

When I replace my iMac (as soon as the new model is out)... I will be using the fastest drives possible for my full A3 library. I have a Pegasus R4 Thunderbolt array that will probably be what I use. I'll also benchmark it against an SDD.

/Jim