Aperture prints everything way dark. iPhoto is alright tho?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iBunny, Feb 17, 2008.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

Same Pic, Same default settings...

Aperture prints everything too Dark, and Not like whats on the screen. However, iPhoto is great!

WTF? AM I doing something wrong? Is there some settings I need to mess with?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Aperture uses on-screen proofing based on the colour profile you tell it to use. iPhoto doesn't. Have you got an accurate colour profile for your printer? Are you using the correct profile for your on-screen proofing or are you proofing using the screen profile?

3. iBunny thread starter macrumors 65816

I have no clue. How do I find out? How can I make aperture use the same exact thing iPhoto Uses?

Edit: My Specs are MBP SR 2.4 / 4GB RAM. OS 10.5.2, Aperture 2 Trial. iLife 08. All the Updates are GTG.

I have an HP PhotoSmart 8250. Drivers were included with Leopard.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Basically you can't. Aperture is a professional app that is designed to be used in a pro setting: you are meant to have a colour profile.

You can turn off onscreen proofing (if it's turned on). It's in the view menu, right at the bottom. The best thing to do would be to get a profile for the printer, install that and then set the onscreen proofing profile to that: then Aperture will do it's best to show you accurately on screen what the print will look like...

5. ccj macrumors newbie

Fixed in 10.5.3

FYI - OS X 10.5.3 fixes this problem for me :)

Thanks Apple for listening!