Aperture quit weirdness on 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Pharmac, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Pharmac macrumors newbie

I have aperture 3.1.3 installed on a snow leopard MacBook pro and lion MacBook air. Whenever I hit the X to quit when I have a video selected in split view, aperture goes away but the blue dot in the dock remains, as well as hogging resources in activity monitor. I also cannot restart it, when I click on the icon I just get all the aperture menu bar items without the application screen. I have to right click-quit, then it will restart. I am really interested in giving lion a chance to manage my apps by turning the blue dock lights off, but am I not supposed to X out of apps? If I have a pic selected in any view mode aperture quits normally when X'ed out, just something wierd with videos. What is going on? Must not be OS specific as it happens with 10.6.8 as well as 10.7.

2. marmiteturkey macrumors 6502

marmiteturkey

Sorry if I've misunderstood. Most apps don't quite when you click the red jellytot, they just disappear but stay present. Aperture normally does quit all the way rather than hiding - sounds like there is something that stops it when you have a vid selected - but if you want to quit easily and reliably, cmd-q will do it (in any app).