Aperture, R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fisherking, Mar 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

just got an email from apple announcing the demise of Aperture (may5th, 110pm EST).

so...you can continue to use it, but it won't be available to purchase anymore.
    i abandoned it late 2014, and kept my photos in an actual folder. now they're in the Photos beta, which...i'm getting used to.

so it goes...

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

In spite of the email, which I also received, this is pretty old news actually

3. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

The email reads:
    "When Photos for OS X launches this spring, Aperture will no longer be available for purchase
    from the Mac App Store. You can continue to use Aperture on OS X Yosemite, but you will not
    be able to buy additional copies of the app".

So not so dramatic as RIP :)

4. Dubdrifter macrumors member

Dubdrifter

No need to announce the demise of Aperture ..... probably more apt to announce the demise of Yosemite ..... join the movement to return to the Retro heyday of Snow Leopard and 10.6.8. and rediscover all those old apps and plug ins you dearly loved once again!

All performing at a speed new users will find astounding ..... they tried writing off vinyl and they are trying to write off the CD industry ..... but we will fight back .... and WIN!!! Huzzahhhh !!!!

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

It makes it official and I think it removes any doubt that Photos is Apple's go to image app, i.e., any thought of a photos pro app is completely unfounded.

6. fisherking thread starter macrumors 601

fisherking

really, i know it's old news, just showing that apple has made it official...

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.