Aperture RAW conversion

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by LongSticks, Mar 23, 2014.

1. LongSticks macrumors 6502

Some work around or alternative suggestions needed

Love Aperture and have been an avid user for 7+ years.

Just got an Fuji X-T1 and realised that at the moment RAW conversion is not supported. More worryingly neither is the 6 month old X-E2!

Anybody using either camera with an alternative RAW converter in an Aperture work flow?

Just about to go away and will be returning with a 2-3000+ images and really would like to have this resolved in my head for settings etc? At the moment I would take RAW+fine so that at least I have access to the images in Aperture, but that means a stack of cards!

2. G.T. macrumors 6502a

I'm sure they just sent a RAW update yesterday or day before for X-E2 and X-T1. I remember cause I was really surprised the X-E2 had not been given support until now.
    I have the X-E1 and have changed how I process my RAW files. I will put them into Aperture so that I have the originals but I will process them in Raw Photo Processor and import the TIFF files back into aperture. I like the look it gives the files. The software might look confusing at first but there is good info online for how to use it.

3. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

Yep...see the screenshot....Came down yesterday I think.

Attached Files:

4. LongSticks thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys....that'll teach me to check my updates!! Doooh ;)

5. Razeus macrumors 603

They finally release a RAW updates, AFTER 6 MONTHS, for the X-E2. Check your updates.