Aperture SLOW to Open

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MaxMike, Mar 26, 2011.

1. MaxMike macrumors 6502

I've been trying to get back into photography so I got Aperture 3. It is fully updated (nothing shows up in Software Update), and it feels like it takes forever to open. A good 3 minutes of bouncing in the dock, then sitting in the dock for another minute with no market light on it. It is installed on a 2.2GHz Sandy Bridge MacBook Pro, AMD 6750M, 4GB RAM (about 2GB free when opening the lastest time). Anyone else getting this slow start? Any ideas for a fix? Thanks!

2. strausd macrumors 68030

I have mine on an OWC SSD and it also takes forever to start up. Lightroom and After Effects start up in seconds but not Aperture. Anyone know why this is?

3. techpr macrumors 6502

techpr

I run on a 2008 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo with 4GB RAM Macbook and works fast, 10-13 seconds to open Aperture 3.1.2 with a 28GB Library with (3007 Photos and Videos).

I maintain my personal libraries by year Ej: (Aperture 2010.aplibrary, Aperture 2011.aplibrary etc or Commercial shots by Client Name-Proyect.aplibrary). I read somewhere that Aperture starts to get slow after 10,000 Photos +-

How many GB's is your Library? / how many Photos total?