Aperture Smooth Scrolling

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by miknos, Apr 19, 2010.

1. miknos macrumors 6502a

miknos

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

With what Aperture version?

Is the Mac in your sig the one you want to use with that feature?

If so, the GMA3100 might be not good enough for that, especially with high-res photos and in RAW format.

But it's all a guessing game anyway...

3. miknos thread starter macrumors 6502a

miknos

I don't have a large library, so It's working fine till now.

When I say smooth, I mean like scrolling a webpage in Safari's. In Aperture the scroll goes faster, jumping from row to another (fast).

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Have you taken a look at Aperture's preferences to see, if one can set the scrolling speed there? Maybe you can also adjust the scrolling speed/distance via System Preferences > Mouse/Trackpad.

5. jabbott macrumors 6502

I don't see a preference for setting the scrolling speed in Aperture, but there is another scroll option next to the main scroll bar. With that you can scroll at any speed from slow to very fast. It's not as convenient as mouse-based momentum scroll though. I would suggest clicking on Aperture > Provide Aperture Feedback and let Apple know that you'd like to be able to configure the mouse-based momentum scroll speed. This is already an option in System Preferences > Mouse, but it clearly doesn't apply to Aperture. Perhaps the better suggestion would be to have Aperture respect the scroll speed set in System Preferences.

6. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

I have the same issue. My mouse is a Logitech MX1100 with a free spinning scroll wheel. In A3, I need to lock the button to click mode to keep it from jumping around, even after I select an image. I have taken to using the arrow keys to move through the library. It's easier and more accurate. An addition to the Preferences that changes scroll speed in A3 would be nice. Also something that locks the selected image until it is deselected.

Dale

7. hackern, Apr 5, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2011

hackern macrumors newbie

8. miknos thread starter macrumors 6502a

miknos