Aperture to Flickr with added watermark

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by jamin100, Oct 22, 2010.

1. jamin100 macrumors 6502

Hi, I didnt know whether to put this in here or Mac Applications so i firstly apologize if its in the wrong place.

So, I updated to Aperture 3.1 last night and it seems a pretty decent upgrade. I'm impressed that syncing to flickr finally works as it should.

Now here's my tiny problem.

I like to add a small watermark to my images before i upload them to flickr. I currently have to export the image as a jpeg, add the watermark on export, re-import them into a project and upload them to flickr through aperture.

Is there anyway I can avoid the export & import process and just get aperture to add the watermark and then upload to flickr?

Your help is appreciated!

2. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

When I post through Flickr, I process in A3 and export a jpeg to the desktop. Then I drag the exported image to the Flickr Uploader on my dock. That app updates my Flickr. If you are exporting to PhotoShop for the watermark, save a copy to the desktop and go the Flickr via the uploader. I haven't looked into it, but I think you can add the watermark in A3.

I know you want to go directly to Flickr from A3, but this is the best I have to offer. Flickr Uploader should be available at the Flickr site.

Dale

3. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

+1 What Dale said. You can also write to the Aperture Team feedback and request export presets as an option for Flickr and Facebook and if enough of us do it, we might eventually get it.

4. B.A.T macrumors 6502

1) click on File > export > versions
    2) under export preset: click on EDIT
    3) click on show watermark then pick your watermark and you're set.

5. jamin100 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I know how to do that...

What im asking is for a way to add the watermark when putting the image into a flickr album from WITHIN aperture!

6. Designer Dale macrumors 68040

Designer Dale

Probably not. You would need to add the watermark to the photo before you export it to Flickr, and I don't think you can do that. Maybe someone will come up with a plug-in that will do that.

Dale