Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Aperture Updated to 3.2.2 With Photo Stream Bug Fix

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has issued a small update for Aperture, bringing it to version 3.2.2 and fixing an issue related to iCloud's Photo Stream feature.
What's New in Version 3.2.2

This update resolves an issue that could prevent auto-imported Photo Stream images from being displayed in the library after your Photo Stream hits 1,000 images.

The update is recommended for all users of Aperture 3.
Aperture is Apple's prosumer-level photo editing and organization program, comparable to Adobe Lightroom. It is available for $79.99 from the Mac App Store [Direct Link].

The update is live now on the Mac App Store, and should be available soon via Software Update for those users who didn't purchase the software via the Mac App Store.

Article Link: Aperture Updated to 3.2.2 With Photo Stream Bug Fix

oxocube

macrumors member
May 30, 2007
Sigh of relief for this fix! I was up to my 1000 pic maximum in my Photo Stream, and once past that, not only did the early stream pictures delete (as expected), but the counterparts that had been auto-imported into my Aperture library also disappeared.

Comment

jadot

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2010
UK
Is that it?!

Really?
Sure, it's nice that Apple can show that they still know Aperture exists, but this isn't all that needs fixing/updating here.

Where's the 'Bring it in line with other current DAM/Raw Conversion software'? Aperture users have been patiently waiting for a significant upgrade, while other companies put out more comprehensive versions and overhauls of their equivalent software.

At least a road map or even a hint at an upgrade, and preferably one that doesn't f@%k it up like the mess that was made of FCP.
Aperture 4 would be fine, thanks.

Comment

ferrous

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
Repoblikan'i Madagasikara
Too little

I agree with jadot... Apple seems to be slacking on keeping Aperture current. I was excited with Aperture came out, but as I work with other photographers using other applications, I am starting to think to try something else. :(

Comment

diamond.g

macrumors 604
Mar 20, 2007
Virginia
I am not home to update, so does anyone know if this fixes the 'I forgot you had Photostream turned on' bug?

Comment

johnmacward

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2011
I agree with those calling for a major upgrade and I would add to it a major bug cleanup.

Ever since Lion, Aperture has been a rather big mess. Fullscreen mode has all kinds of unusual behaviour, GPS tagging doesn't seem to work right, logic processes are still not logical and so on...

Really I don't see what major ease of use and organisation it had over iPhoto without the huge added complexity and I'm kind of regretting buying it. It's powerful but not simple.

Comment

turbohurbo

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2011
amsterdam
aperture 3.2.2 crashes after update

After updating to 3.2.2 aperture keeps crashing. It opens and then starts "processing" and then crashes. I've used the option command keys to open and rebuild the library a couple of times. Nothing seems to help. Am I the only one with this problem. I use aperture professionally with canon 5D.

would appreciate some good advice...

thanks

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.