Aperture Upgrade 3.2.3

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by wbeem, Mar 13, 2012.

1. wbeem macrumors member

wbeem

Check your software update or App Store Update - depending upon where you got it. There's a 55MB update waiting for you.

Does some of the iCloud & iOS compatible stuff you expect and fixes some bugs. However, skin retouching is quite a bit faster in the new release now. I'm looking for other improvements that may not be in the fixit-list.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

3. wbeem thread starter macrumors member

wbeem

Hmm, then I wonder if I wrote the wrong number or if there's another update. I've checked my Software Updates a few times since last week and this one just popped up tonight.

4. aristobrat macrumors G5

Yeah, it just showed up tonight for thr first time for me too!

5. wbeem thread starter macrumors member

wbeem

It's definitely 3.2.3. I wonder if this is a difference between Software Update & Mac App Store, or just propagation for some of us to get it?

In any event, it's new to me, so I'm happy.

6. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

7. DSPalpatine macrumors member

Yeah, TUAW had a story about the release date vs. the date is got pushed through software update. Apparently, it didn't go live until today. As they speculated, maybe somebody forgot to throw the switch?

Anyway, I'll eagerly update and see if the skin retouching tool really is faster, as some have commented.

8. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

well after the latest Aperture Update, today aperture crashed about 15 times trying to edit 1 image, this is so frustrating, it has always crashed periodically, it's running on a mac pro with 12gb of RAM, obviously thats not enough for this program,it's now worse than before, ive decided to invest in lightroom 4 and go all Adobe in my workflow, ive heard a lot of good things, and the shadow highlight tool makes it worth the investment, Aperture is slowly becoming a nightmare,and with no indication of aperture 4 appearing anytime soon, luckily ive only got about 40 images in aperture that can all be trashed with the application and aperture instal disk, as I have all the RAW originals, i guess apples thoughts on performance and stability are different from mine, I really thought it would get better, for now i'll edit in cs4, just my thoughts, everyone is entitled to an opinion :eek:

9. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

I got it yesterday...FINALLY I can delete photstream pictures.

10. driftless macrumors 65816

driftless

Note - if you purchased Aperture through the Mac App Store you need to upgrade through the App store. It won't show up in general Software Updates.

11. wbeem thread starter macrumors member

wbeem

I'm sorry that you're having problems, but I can't say that I'm having anything close to the bad experience on your system. It works fine for me without crashing at all.

What difference does it make when Aperture 4 is coming out? I have work to do today and Aperture does a fine job.

12. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

hi wbeem, I know it makes no difference when a4 comes out, or if it will come out at all, I was just ranting, I'm editing a batch of studio shots for a client, aperture for me has an easy system of filing images for previewing when showcasing them, ive just trashed all contents of apertures folder in app support, it's working now but for how long I don't know, but as apple was meant to be fixing the stability of the application I was a little hacked off with the amount of crashes I had, ive just installed LR4, but I don't think i'll be a fan anytime soon, I may just store the CR2 files on one mac pro raid 01 system, edit them in ADC and cs4 and store the edited versions on my other external raid 01 system, Apple need to put in some time and money and sort aperture out, it's great for file managing and storage, put it under stress trying to edit 5D2 full sized CR2 files and it's has a hissy fit.........