Aperture upgrades

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by bp1000, Oct 2, 2013.

1. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Hi guys

Can you buy an upgrade version of Aperture through the App store?

I see the Amazon version is still £40 and the full copy is only £55.

Just received my new Haswell iMac and i'm waiting for my external drives. Once they get here i'm ready to merge over 10 years worth of photos to be managed in Aperture.

I'm prepared to wait to see if Aperture 4 comes along with Mavericks this month as i've waited this long already.

But perhaps if there is a lower priced upgrade through the App Store i'm happy to DL and get started once my drives turn up.

thanks

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

I've never seen ANY upgrade pricing n the App Store. I don't think it is possible to offer different prices there. It is one of the things developers have complained about.

I doubt Aperture will be upgraded at the same time as Mac OS X. I think it will happen more like the way Logic was upgraded. At some random time that no one was expecting

3. bp1000 thread starter macrumors 65816

4. Bear macrumors G3

The boxed version Amazon has is old. It might not install on Mountain Lion or Mavericks. Your best bet is to buy it through the Mac App Store.

The current version of Aperture is 3.4.5. For all you know what Amazon has in the box could be 3.0.

5. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Apple App Store is the ONLY way to go. I agree here with Bear. A whole host of us having been waiting for an upgrade to Aperture 3 for quite some time and Apple has had some "robust" upgrades in the A3. However, many of us are also hopeful that a significant newer version of Aperture (?4 ?X) will be announced before the end of the year. Rumors abound about a mid Oct announcement of new iPad and iPad minis, as well as a release date for the new MacPro andMaverick X OS. Many of us are also hoping that a new Aperture will be announced then. If you can you may want to wait 2 weeks to see what is announced before downloading. No one is sure if Apple will honor a recent download with a discount on the new version.