Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Bozeman, Montana
I just dumped a few images into Aperture from my camera this evening and was playing around cropping a couple them. Somewhere along the way, one image is now gone. It is not in Aperture nor is it in the trash or findable on my hard drive.

I don't care about this image but do worry what is going on. If it was deleted accidently, I would think I would get the normal warning, etc. Also, I would think I should be able to find it when I know the filename.

I'm having a little lack of confidence after this happening and seeing the other recent thread on someone loosing a number of images. Just a for what it is worth at this point.

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
did you accidentally hit "9" to label it a reject and have the view set to only show "unrated images or better"?

Also, Spotlight doesn't actually search in the Aperture library (not by default anyways though I have yet to find a way to make it). What you'll have to do is locate the Aperture library then right/two finger/control click the icon > Show Package Contents. See if you can locate then manually there.

(hint: Command J on the keyboard to change view options to make the thumbnails bigger)

bobt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Bozeman, Montana
Oops, I made it a reject. Thanks for the assistance, I do appreciate it.

From my limited time with Aperture, I do like it a lot. Glad to see it was just a dumb user error.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.