Aperture - using healer on loupe?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by TheReef, Jun 20, 2009.

1. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

I can't seem to work this one out…

I'm trying to find dust spots using the loupe, so when I go to zap them the cursor changes and won't let me.

When I take the loupe away I've lost the spot.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

2. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

When I'm scanning for dust spots, I display the image at 100%, and scroll along the image (paying most attention to the sky, of course). This seems easier than using the loupe... at least it is for me... :)

3. TheReef thread starter macrumors 68000

TheReef

Thanks for the reply, I think I'll do it that way now…except I can't seem to find any scroll bars in Aperture at 100%, do I have to use the cumbersome little box or is there anyway to make it a bit bigger?

4. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

Sorry, you're right, of course. I do my dust 'spotting' in PS these days, not Aperture...

5. TheReef thread starter macrumors 68000

TheReef

If you don't mind me asking what's your Alamy workflow like?
    I tend to be doing all my fixes in Aperture, haven't really found a need to use Photoshop I'm not really manipulating them as much as I used to ;)
    But I export to PS for interpolation, so maybe it's better to be working on an interpolated image?

6. Doylem macrumors 68040

Doylem

I am not a PS expert, and, yes, I really only use it to prepare pix for Alamy: principially upsizing them as Tiffs to meet Alamy's size criteria and saving as JPEGS. I crop, spot for dust-spots (a no-no for Alamy), and I correct 'leaning' verticals.