aperture with iCloud?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by nbnbxdnb, Aug 2, 2011.

1. nbnbxdnb macrumors regular

Hey guys, I saw iCloud beta coming out in a news. It talks about the syncing feature works seamlessly with iPhoto. That left me wonder if iCloud will work with aperture right out of box, or I need to wait for another update while other iPhoto users already start to enjoy their clouds.

2. miknos Suspended

miknos

I see the option to enable it but I didn't test it since my Aperture's Library is above 5 GB.

3. flynz4 macrumors 68040

I thought that iCloud did not count photos against your storage... but at the same time, would only hold them for a limited amount of time.

I have not turned on iCloud yet. I was planning to wait till it went into production.

/Jim

4. nbnbxdnb thread starter macrumors regular

Jim
    I think so. Hope photos in aperture are not counted into 5G as those in iPhoto are not.

Miknos,
    thanks for the info. Once you try out photo syncing between aperture and iCloud. Plz let us know how well it works. Thx

5. admanimal macrumors 68040

Your Photo Stream does not count against the 5GB. This is not the same as all of your iPhoto and/or Aperture images not counting.

6. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Is there any update? Does Photostream automatically save photos into A3? If so, where/how are the pics saved?

/Jim