Aperture Won't Load - Help!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mhaddy, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

Last night when I plugged my memory card reader into my Mac, it started to load Aperture. As it was very late and I was trying to get something done, I didn't want Aperture to load, so I just Forced Quit it. However, now when I click on the Aperture icon to start the program up, it just stalls on the splash screen. Please tell me I didn't screw up the database.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Try:

1) Rebooting. Some people have reported this fixing Aperture issues

2) If that doesn't work try moving the Aperture preferences file and then starting Aperture. The file is ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Aperture.plist

3) If that still does not work start Aperture with Option and Command keys held down and rebuild the library.

3. Mhaddy thread starter macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

Tried the old "Windows Fix" (a reboot) and it solved my problem. Thanks!

4. Forced Perfect macrumors 6502

Forced Perfect

I'm actually having this same problem. However, a reboot hasn't fixed it.

The one thing I haven't tried is the preferences file - which I should have done from the start.

Rebuild/repair
    Reboot
    Fix permissions for drive/clear caches
    Remove Aperture plug-ins

I do know it is my library, not Aperture, however. Oddly enough, even though I am stuck at the splash screen, I can still open preferences and change the library. Using a new, blank one opens Aperture normally.

If the prefs toss doesn't work I will try removing the thumbnail cache and iPod photo cache from inside my photo library.

5. Redxjs macrumors newbie