Apeture Book Order Canceled

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by peterj1967, Dec 7, 2010.

1. peterj1967 macrumors regular

I received an e-mail from Apple that a book order I placed was canceled because of an error. Full message is below. They recomended that I check that there are no Type 1 fonts. I only used one font Handwriting Dakota and it is a truetype font.

I was wondering if anybody else has run into this and has a way to narrow down what the issue is? I have written to apple but I am in a bit of a hurry to get the book in hand, so I thought I would ask here before I send the book again. I guess I would also prefer not to change the font as it works well in the design and I have used it before in similar books.

Thanks in advance

--Pete

Dear Peter,
    >
    > Thank you for placing an Apple photo order.
    >
    > It appears that when your order was submitted to Apple, an error caused the image file for your book to be unreadable or otherwise unprintable. As a result, Apple unfortunately is unable to process your order. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience. Please note that you will not be charged for this order.
    >
    > Before resubmitting your order, I encourage you to check the fonts in your book. For more information, please consult the following article:
    >
    > iPhoto, Aperture: Book orders may get canceled if books contain Type 1 PostScript fonts
    > http://support.apple.com/kb/TA22924
    >
    > We generally recommend any of the following fonts as they are consistently compatible with all themes:
    >
    > Baskerville
    > Brush Script
    > Century Gothic
    > Gill Sans
    > Helvetica
    > Helvetica Neue
    > Markerfelt
    > Papyrus
    > Hiragino Minchu Pro-W3
    > Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro-W3
    >
    > Prior to ordering, please preview your photo order as instructed in the following article:
    >
    > How to preview an order in iPhoto or Aperture
    > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1040
    >
    > If you need to provide us with an update on this issue, please feel free to do so. You are a valued Apple Photo Services customer.
    >
    > Best Wishes,
    >
    > Ryan
    > Apple Photo Services Customer Support
    >
    > Please Note: I work Sun/Mon/Thu/Fri, 8-7 PM CST
    > Austin, Texas, USA
    >
    > Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you. You may receive an AppleCare survey email; any feedback you provide would be greatly appreciated.
    >

2. peterj1967 thread starter macrumors regular

It Worked

I was able to resubmit the order and did two things. Not sure which made it work, but I figured I'd share.

1) I had one empty text field, I deleted it. That has never been an issues in the past, so I don't know why it would be now.

2) I went to every text field, did a select all, and made sure the font was set to Handwriting Dakota. I did find two fields that when I selected all in the field, the edit font didn't show a selected font. I don't know why a blank space in Type 1 font would cause an issues, but again, went through the step and it seems to have worked.

Regardless, status online is now "Printing" so hopefully it will all go through.

--Pete