Apex Galaxy (Cheapest price on MacBook Pros?)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by SCMaverick, Feb 6, 2008.

1. SCMaverick macrumors member

Has anyone here bought anything from them (www.apexgalaxy.com)? I saw on the MacRumors homepage (top right section, MacDeals) they had the cheapest price by a few hundred dollars on MacBook Pros. I'm also in the market for a new dslr as well and they have cheap prices on those too.

Normally I say, if it's too good to be true then it usually is, but in this case there is a link to their store from this website.

Any thoughts??

Thanks.

2. iMeanIt macrumors member

iMeanIt

Apex Galaxy

I smell a rat with this company after just having had some "odd" dealings with them. I went through their online order process for a new Sony PMW-EX1. Without ever getting to the add credit card info, the site just blurted out "Thank you for your order - we will contact you soon." The only other customer review I could find for them said the same, and when they were finally contacted (via email) they were told to make payment through a website partner called E-Gold, that happens to have a no-refund policy. When the buyer asked again about paying with a credit card (as described on their website), they would not even respond.

I'd be wary of these folks.

3. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

That site has scam written all over it.

Hell, in Firefox 2 you get a security error just from opening it.

4. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Of course it's a scam.. payment via e-gold? Lol, any site that does not accept credit cards, is a strict no-no. Btw, of course some sites are online just for that - to capture your credit card info, but you have some sort of protection at least. E-gold is as good as paying with cash, and never seeing your package.

Links to that site can be from any legitimate site due to advertising. Heck, if they're using high advertising revenue, they could show up on cnn.com or whatever. Exercise caution whenever purchasing online, regardless of how professional the site looks.

5. Kadorus macrumors newbie

Been trying to get something on this site - most of the phone numbers don't work. One that does gives you an answering machine that says *push 1 for this, psh 2 for this, etc* but pushing digits doesn't do anything. No matter what you're connected to a voice mail. They say they take credit cards and other payments, but if no one is there to answer phone - no way to take such payments.

I got my hopes up for a good deal, but this seems like a complete scam and the more messages like this that others can read, the more likely they'll get shut down. Sooner the better!

6. aditghai macrumors regular

aditghai

Dont buy it from them.
    Buy a refurbished one from the apple website or from Amazon(Previous Gen)

7. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

Agree with logic of other posts. Anytime someone is significantly cheaper
    than everyone else on a name brand product, it is suspect at a minimum.

Probably stolen goods, used goods or outright fraud. Deal someone
    reputable like Amazon. No sales tax and a rebate.

8. Kadorus macrumors newbie

Here's the "final" scoop on this website. Got this surprisingly blunt email response from them today. Another reason why they should be removed from the online websphere - egold allows for no consumer protection and if they like breaking the tax law, can't imagine why they wouldn't cheat you of a product as well.
    K...

[snip]
    "Please go trough our online website and
    place your order. We use e-gold to avoid the business taxes.
    If we will accept your payment trough a traditional method then the
    transaction will be recorded in our bank and we will have to pay huge
    taxes for this sale. Trough e-gold this transaction is between you and us
    and nobody will ask us to pay taxes for this sale. Also this is the reason
    why we can offer these grate prices. Please don't look mad at e-gold
    because trough this way you have the opportunity to save money.

Regards
    ##### ######
    Customer Service
    Apex Digital Inc
    www.apexgalaxy.com"

9. technowanter macrumors newbie

10. trinity.ilmange macrumors newbie

a customer support/ store reply and they can't even write "great" correctly? puhleeze...

Franzi

11. cyberjunky macrumors regular

"dont look mad" what kind of english is that?

12. technowanter macrumors newbie

Looks like a translation program that tried to translate:

Don't view e-gold negatively?

13. localchap macrumors newbie

localchap

NIGERIAN ONE!!!!:D:D:D

14. nancychoe macrumors newbie

Probably Chinese! since address is registered to Walnut where there is heavy population of Chinese! Some Chinese are into scandalous scams with elctronics. Do a google search on "1080 UB" which is new Epson projector. You'll see Apex Gallaxy appear in search engine top 3 with prices lower by $800. How can one company offer consistently 25% less on all kinds of products. SCAM written all over it!